Scientific research continues to discover many health benefits of Extra Virgin Olive oil. These include the following...
- Cholesterol free and help to reduce harmful cholesterol levels thus reducing the risk of heart disease
- Natural source of Vitamins E, A and K.
- Minimise clotting in the blood stream and it also helps lower blood pressure
- Excellent source of antioxidants that fight against 'free radicals' which have been linked with cancer.
- Found to reduce oxidative damage to DNA which may be a factor in preventing cancer.
- Benefits non-insulin dependent diabetics because it's a monounsaturated fat.
- Beneficial for brain function due to naturally occuring fatty acids and omegas.
- Oleocanthal in olive oil has been found to have the same anti-inflammatory response of Ibuprofen.
- Increased consumption has been linked to a decreased risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis.
- Oleic acid has been found to be effective against breast, colon and prostate cancer cells.
- Elderly people who consume olive oil daily have fewer strokes than those who do not.
- Builds bones